Tumblr

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Actress.



"Pack up all my care and woe,
 Here I go,
 Singing low,
Bye, bye, blackbird,
Where somebody waits for me,
Sugars sweet so is she,
Bye, bye
Blackbird!"

Actress in a bottle, lighting in a bottle,
running the green hills,
liberal but breathing,
running the fresh streams, 
city and yells,
cold. cold. cold.
play writes handshake,
Vanity Fair,
Christian and his rags, 
liquor and snow,
warm.

Lighting in a bottle,
where has it gone,
actress in a bottle,
"Now its time for the Muskrat Ramble!"

Oh Film,
Oh Camera,
Don't roll away,
Don't let the light away,
keep it close, close to the breath,
like them,
all of them,
faults,
grace's,
walls and tears,
love them, and breath.

For the fiddle lays down with the salmon,
the country is still there,
lungs clean,
  chasm of a smile,
skys open.

Lighting in a bottle,
everyday,
a sigh of relief, 
Blessed is the man,
Blessed is she,
Her prayers at night, 
The fiddle rises, 
Why was I so hard,
Why was I punch drunk,
Why did I live desperate quietness,
Here lies...
Black marble,
a cold lilly,
The fiddle rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment